Here is your opportunity:
Get clear on what the purpose of this website is.
If it is as you say to attract new clients:
1) Know your client - who is it? SME's? Mum and dad shops? Get clear.
2) Ask yourself what do THEY THINK THEY WANT? Specifically, what would they type into google to try and solve their problem?
3) Use that information to craft your headline/ content on the page.
Have a FORM on your home page to answer for users what they need to do next.
4) YOU CANNOT, CANNOT have a dual purpose website. Your website should have 1 purpose, drive leads, provide info and have clear call to action. So choose, for new business or future employers which one is it.
5) Relook at your business to see what your real goals are, and I can assure you it is not having a pretty site. It's to make money. So start with the end in mind, how do I attract new business, who are the best in the business right now, and copy their websites (with your own creative adjustments).