- Homepage game is playable, use your arrow keys
- Clients page allows mouse over too see location on projects.
We're going for more of a retro feel. We also want to tweak the footer and blog pages more.
looking at your business nature, its web designing & development as per that your current color scheme is not suitable. You must try with some more lively and soothing colors. However you are following retro theme you can try some good bright pastel colors for the same.
Currently navigation is little congested you may like to give some space between each link.
Nice engagement on homepage
I must say its brilliant idea to keep a user engaged with the page. The mario game on header...Nice.
After reviewing your current blog page, you are right if you are having plan to tweak with it. Currently its more like informative blog.
I would suggest you to work upon following points:
- use some organic or retro bandage like thing to display the date
- Check if you can use the same custom font for the blog title which you are using on the navigation & other places.
- keep the author name, category & comment in small size with different color
- Use images on listing page if you can.
- Blog detail page should carry the same title style from the listing page.
- comment section could be more attractive with better alignment and good shapes
Color scheme that suits your logo + business
- I would suggest to use some lively color scheme which can help you logo to come out & more attentive.
- It would be good you can put some colors in mario section as well.
- Pastel color can work with retro pattern
Thought for Footer
You have to work upon the text + text size to improve the footer section.
- Use some nice buttons with link under web design services & more info
- You can improve the testimonial area more creatively. Look around on net you will find some fantastic ideas. If I say you can use the big quote symbol or a chat box around the testimonial.
I have reviewed your design and posted whatever I feel as per my experience. Your retro theme is good idea with mario game its really superb idea to engage the use on the page, however you should not forget that your main motto is business from the user. So I would suggest you to work on homepage with same vision.
You need some shapes below your three services, as there is no real to actions,
for example you could have three custom icons below each service with a js effect, possibly jump/hop effect to match your super mario idea
also lower the size of the offer text i think maybe add blog post with thumbs so add some new colors
The logo seems out of place, the color scheme (gold, red, and grey) is poorly established. The site's content (beyond the the mario slider) is not very engaging. You chose boring fonts and boring titles. I'm never going to read any of that, show me your work, get me to call you. Don't bore me with your knowledge of internet marketing.
Love this feature. It's engaging, you can embed client names (though it should be more obvious that they are indeed clients), messages, etc. Good.
There's good here. But you need to rethink your content strategy and find ways to make the important titles pop. The color scheme is inconsistent (where's the green coming from? 3 colors is enough), the titles and font choices are bland. The portfolio page is boring, let's get some JS in there, make it interactive. Check out awwwards.com, hold yourself to that standard.
I'm in two minds about the Mario game. On the one hand it's a clever way of showing of your skills. On the other hand it takes a long time to scroll through the level before you start seeing the logos. As a result, I think a lot of people will give up and never realise that more logos are present. Also, it's slightly limited as you cant hit objects or the logos, which makes it seem unfinished. It also sends confusing messages: When I first saw it, I thought I was at a Video Game fan site, which obviously is not an impression you want to create.
This design has some really great ideas.
It also has a very strong layout.
However, it also has a couple of weaknesses.
1) Colour scheme
Colour is a major weakness of this design. I know you have gone for a retro feel, but it doesn't suggest retro to me. Another problem is that it doesn't have much contrast in it, so everything feels 'invisible'.
2) Style clash
There are three different styles in this design:
Comic book/B-Movie style - Which comes from the font
8 Bit Video games style - Which comes from the Mario game
Retro style - Which comes from the colour scheme and textures
The only thing that connects these styles is the retro aspect, which isn't very strong. As a result, the styles feel out of place and don't really mesh with each other.
I'm also not to sure why you are going for a retro style, given that you are internet company. Granted it's different, but it doesn't really suit with your brand.
3) The Mario Game
(See my notes for more on the Mario game).
To be honest, I think you might need to re-think this one a bit. The basic layout and structure is excellent, its just the retro theme that is hampering the potential of an otherwise strong design.